VAN Sync Information
ThruTalk (Legacy) results can sync to any version of VAN including NGP, Votebuilder, Targetsmart, AmericaVotes, EveryAction, SmartVAN, and LAN.
There are four steps to get your sync running:
- Get an API Key
- Update Reporting Settings with API Key
- Add Canvass Results to your script
- Map your question answers
We upload all your results to your database through the backend of your software each night. You send over new lists when needed.
- VAN Data Sync is where we upload all your results to your database through the backend of your software each night. You will also select the database type matching the list you uploaded:
- MyVoters - Voter File
- MyCampaign / MyMembers
- What is "My Voter File?" What is "My Campaign?" What is "My Members?" And what's the difference?
- My Voter File contains registered voters in a given state, whereas My Campaign contains volunteers, supporters, and anyone else who you may wish to associate with your database. As a result, person records in My Voter File may only be created when VAN receives new data provided by a Secretary of State or similar government agency. By contrast, you may create My Campaign records at any time.
- My Members is just another name for My Campaign that is sometimes used to describe membership databases.