Select the types of data you have in your file. There are three kinds of data to map:
- Required Fields
- Standard Fields (optional)
- Custom Fields (optional)
Required Fields: These are the 4 fields that you are required to include in any Calling List:
- First Name - You'll need this so you know how to address the person that is being called
- Last Name - Same as first name
- Phone Number - you'll need this so you can actually call them
- Unique Identifier - this identifier will let you track who you called. (i.e. VAN ID or Action Kit ID)
If you are missing any of these columns your list upload will be rejected.
Standard Fields (optional): Our standard field options cover the most common fields we see in calling lists beyond the required fields described above. These standard field options available for your lists are:
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Polling Location
- Polling Info
- Polling Address
- Early Voting Location
- Early Voting Info
- Early Voting Address
Important Notes on Standard Fields:
- Age, Gender, Party, and Full Address will be shown in the top left window for callers by default. If you do not have loaded data, those fields will be blank, but the header will still exist.
- Polling and Early voting location are not included in the top left window for callers. You should display this information to callers directly in the script.
LIST PROCESSING STEPS
Once you have submitted the list, you'll receive a confirmation email that we have received the list, and ThruTalk staff will begin processing it. At the time of upload, your list will not increase the “loaded” count on your dashboards. The “loaded” count will rise a few minutes after we play that list for dialing.
Please keep in mind these key need-to-knows:
- Files must be .csv format. We have noted over time that many clients rename file extensions instead of converting content to .csv format. Clients will need to ensure that their content is formatted as UTF-8 .csv - not as tab-separated values or Excel or other formats
- We believe the .csv format labeled 'CSV Macintosh' in Excel and other programs will cause an error alert. Please always format as UTF-8 .csv content
- Be advised that any lists uploaded between 11:30 pm ET and 7:00 am ET the following morning will deliver the upload confirmation emails after 7:00 am ET.
- We ensure that after your list submission is started by clicking the "Process" button below your list mapping interface when you see the blue banner alert for "List Queued" your file and your list requirements have been received
- Please avoid using semicolons in your lists in any way. We have identified this as the cause of an issue today where values appear to be separated incorrectly during your list mapping interaction. After further testing, we suggest using colons, hyphens, or forward slashes in lieu of semicolons for the time being. In addition to semicolons, our new testing indicates that pipe characters and commas in your list's data fields should also be avoided
- If you do not receive your upload confirmation email an hour after submission (or by 10am ET if you submitted overnight), please use Excel or other spreadsheet processor to: 1. format all cells as text, 2. copy and paste your content back to those cells as "plain text", and 3. Save your file as type CSV UTF-8. Then re-submit your list file for upload and processing through our system. If CSV UTF-8 is not available for a file type, please select file type CSV (Comma Delimited). Additionally, there are third party software tools that can perform this operation to remove unexpected characters for you
- After submitting a list, the default values for the submission interface will display. This is the expected function for the user interface. For example, if you selected "run after" for your previous submission after you have clicked the "Process" button, the interface will show the selection "Replace" and the caller ID field will be empty
- Please use Chrome or a chromium based browser for sorting your lists, or alternatively Firefox. Some users are experiencing issues mapping their lists while using Safari
- Caller ID submissions must be made as 10 numerical digits exactly and only using digits - no spaces, punctuation marks, or other characters